It has been brought to our attention that members of the public have fallen prey to bogus employment websites advertising job vacancies in Oando PLC and its subsidiary Companies (Oando Energy Resources, Oando Energy Services, Oando Gas & Power and Oando Marketing). We have been further informed that telephone interviews have been conducted, and job positions offered.
Please note that these job vacancies and employment offers emanate from organizations pretending to recruit on behalf of or as Oando PLC or one of its subsidiary Companies. The said recruiters impersonate:
- People working for the Oando Group of Companies
- People affiliated with the Oando Group of Companies
- People impersonating employees of the Oando Group of Companies
- People recruiting on behalf of the Oando Group of Companies
Individuals are usually notified via email or telephone calls that that their qualifications were found suitable to be recurited as an employee (local or expatriate) for Oando PLC or its subsidiary Companies and solicit the transfer of significant sums of money to pay for work permits, insurance policies, etc.
Please be informed that Oando PLC, its subsidiary Companies and Recruitment Consulting Companies will at no point in the recruitment process request for money from applicants. All individuals who are successful in gaining an offer of employment from Oando PLC or its subsidiary Companies, directly or indirectly, are always required to go through a formal recruitment process. At no point during this recruitment process will telephone or email interviews be conducted.
All genuine communications will originate from the Human Capital Management Team and a verifiable Oando PLC (@oandoplc.com) e-mail address and not from an Internet e-mail address e.g.: hotmail, yahoo, gmail, outlook etc.
In the event that you receive any of the emails described above, we advise that you do the following:
- Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people you are unfamiliar with
- Do not disclose your personal/financial details to anyone you do not know or a website you do not trust. If you have disclosed this information to someone or a website you do not know or trust report the incident to the police
- Visit the Oando PLC (www.oandoplc.com) or Oando Energy Resources (www.oandoenergyresources.com) website to verify any such vacancies
- Contact the Nigerian Embassy in your country, you may also refer such mails to your country’s Embassy/High Commission in Nigeria for further investigation
- Be on the lookout for suspicious signs – such as communications form a non Oando email address (e,g. from yahoo.com, outlook.com, gmail.com address); grammatical errors within the email; and any request for money
Fraudulent Website Warning
Oando PLC advises the public that “www.oandoplc.com” is the only official website for our company; and any other website bearing a similar name is NOT the official website for the company. We are aware that a few other websites may attempt to mislead members of the public into believing that they are linked to our company or website and are being used as a medium for perpetrating fraud and other illegal activities. Oando PLC DOES NOT in any way endorse, recommend or sponsor any of these fraudulent or illegal activities, or any information and material contained in these other websites.
Fraudulent Business Propositions
A specie of these emails solicit the help of the recipients in transferring huge sums of money in foreign currency, which the authors of the emails claim are entitlements from Oando PLC for some dead relations, or are monies accruing from excess crude oil sales, or have been forgotten in some dormant account. Sometimes, these emails also propose to award huge value contracts to the recipients of such emails. The authors of such emails often request details of recipients’ bank accounts, to enable them transfer the said monies, usually with promises of some percentage.
For scam mails purportedly emanating from or related to the Oando Group, we advise that you contact the following for confirmation:
Head, Corporate Communications
2 Ajose Adeogun Street,
Tel: 234-1-2702400 Ext 6270
To report any fraudulent activities referred to above please contact us:firstname.lastname@example.org