- Set to introduce 15 dedicated 20 tonnes LPG trucks
- Boost market with 27,000 LPG Cylinders
- Upgrades 9 Plants nationwide
Oando Marketing Limited (OML), a subsidiary of Oando PLC and Nigeria’s foremost oil marketing retailer with the largest petroleum distribution network of over 500 service stations nationwide, has introduced initiatives aimed at boosting utilisation of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) nationwide.
These initiatives are as follows;
- Introduction of 15 new dedicated LPG trucks, each having 20 metric tonnes capacity to boost product distribution from the shoreline storage to the filling plants and industrial customers. With the trucks supplying an aggregated 300 MT of LPG, Oando Marketing is expected to boost throughput, whilst bridging the supply gap as evident in the country.
- In addition, Oando marketing is set to bolster per capita utilisation with the introduction of 27,000 units of 12.5 kg LPG cylinders through its over 500 retail outlets and distribution network nationwide. It plans to inject 20,000 units more before year end.
- Also, in ensuring that the company provides the capacity to house the improved supplied volume, OML is fast upgrading 9 filling plants nationwide with a combined storage capacity of 631 metric tonnes. The plants are located in Lagos, Warri, Benin, Enugu, Abuja, Kaduna, Sokoto and Jos.
Speaking on the initiatives, Yomi Awobokun, Chief Operating Officer, Oando Marketing said “We are conscious of recent realities around the world with LPG fast becoming the preferred energy source for many industrial and domestic applications given its cleaner and safer properties. Oando’s initiatives are in a bid to deepen the LPG market by ensuring adequate product supply nationwide as well as support government efforts in encouraging LPG usage in Nigeria to levels comparable to fellow West African countries”.
Commenting further he said “The current LPG consumption in Nigeria is approximately 0.5kg per person/ annum with a market growth potential to 10kg/person/annum within the next 2-3 years. With the projected surge in the demand of the product over the next two years, Oando Marketing is better positioned to guarantee optimal LPG utilisation by customers in all geographical zones of the country”.
Oando Marketing is known for introduction of customer value-adding initiatives, one of which was the launch of Oando Pay-As-U-Gas which involves dispensing of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) into the customers’ cylinders using a metered pump, right there on the station forecourt. The benefits of the Pay-As-U-Gas initiative to customers include flexibility, product integrity, convenience and expert after sales service whilst allowing the customer to retain physical possession of their cylinder. This service is currently obtainable from designated service stations in Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna.
Oando Marketing Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of Oando PLC. It is Nigeria’s foremost oil retailer with the largest distribution platform of over 500 service stations and two operational subsidiaries in Ghana and Togo.
For more information, please contact:
Head, Corporate Communications
Stallion House, 2 Ajose Adeogun Street
Victoria Island, Lagos
Phone: 01 2625857